Wednesday, December 1

Turkey Pot Pie

Leftover turkey?  I just love turkey pot pie (well, once a year I do).  I make turkey pot pie every year after Thanksgiving and I thought I would share my recipe with you.  It is so easy!  I make sure that I make plenty of gravy when cooking the Thanksgiving meal.  So here is what you will need;

leftover turkey, diced
leftover gravy
2-3 stalks of celery, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 14oz can of mixed vegetables, drained (I like Veg-All, but didn't have it in the pantry)
1 14oz can of diced potatoes, drained
1 pkg. prepared pie crusts (you can make your own if you like, I don't)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a deep pie plate with pie crust.  Mix all ingredients in bowl.

Fill pie crust with mixture, top with second pie crust and pinch seams together.

Bake 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. 

Caution- let it cool some before serving as it is extremely hot and can burn the inside of your mouth!  You can actually make 2 of these and freeze one for later. Yummm, now dig in :D

No comments:

Post a Comment