Tuesday, November 8

30 Days of Pumpkin- Day 3 Pumpkin Dessert

Okay I know I said 30 days, but I didn't say 30 consecutive days (although it truly was implied).  I went to Texas to make my youngest grandson's birthday cake and was so busy with it that I just couldn't find the time to blog.  So now I'm playing catch up.  Trust me when O say it will all be worth it.  I can't wait to show you his cake.  I think it turned out great and he was happy so nothing else really matters.

This recipe came from my sister, Eva.  It's really pretty simple and is so yummy.  It's even better with whipped cream!  But then again, isn't everything?



Pumpkin Dessert

3 eggs, beaten
3 cups fresh cooked pumpkin, pureed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together the eggs, pumpkin, spices, salt, sugar and milk until thoroughly mixed.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan, sprinkle dry cake mix on top of mixture, then pour melted butter on top.  Sprinkle walnuts on top.  Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 1 hour.  Can be served warm or cold.  Serve with whip cream.  Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment